Runfold Plastics bowel irrigation systems and rectal catheters are used for anal irrigation, which is also known as rectal irrigation or trans-anal irrigation, and help provide easy, quick, effective, hygienic and reliable bowel management. Our bowel irrigation systems and catheters are used for anal irrigation and bowel management as treatment for bowel dysfunction for people who have conditions that include:
- Neurological disorders: spina bifida, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumours, spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis.
- After surgery for treatment of rectal prolapse, colitis or compaction.
- In cases of reduced tissue elasticity after multiple births or in elderly people.
- Psychological /psychiatric disorders.
- Slow transit constipation or obstructed defaecation symptoms.
Trans-anal irrigation with warm water successfully empties the bowel to the splenic flexure, allowing no further irrigation to take place for 24-48 hours, which helps improve the quality of life for the patient.
Runfold Plastics is a leading manufacturer of Bowel Irrigation catheters and can provide full product design and application solutions using a specialist plastic processing system. We assemble and pack the bowel irrigation products in our cleanroom.
Working closely with distributors we find the best delivery solution and catheter design. Our years of experience and knowledge of design, application and market awareness makes Runfold Plastics an ideal company to partner with.
- System design – Full delivery system from water bag, control system to catheter.
- Ergonomic design – Easy application of catheters.
To support our range of rectal catheters for bowel irrigation we can design, manufacture and assemble the delivery system for bowel irrigation. The design implementation can involve bag design, connections, function of the system and packing.
The rectal catheters are used with delivery systems. This is an effective method of keeping bowel movements regular and predictable. This is also known as trans anal irrigation.
The mini cones for rectal irrigation are used with hand bulbs to deliver a measured amount of water into the lower bowel. These can be manufactured to your specification.
Please contact us if you are a user of these products and would like further information. We can give you details of companies with medical teams who will be able to help you.